Wednesday, September 3, 2008 | 10:26 AM
Many of the non-profits in the Grants program are taking part in the relief efforts for Hurricane Gustav.
We'd like to call attention to some of them so that you can get involved, offer support or learn more about the storms affecting the U.S. Gulf Coast.
- Oxfam America has staff on the ground in the affected regions and is providing supplies, manpower, food and rebuilding assistance. Read more or donate to help.
- The American Red Cross is supplying local shelters with meals, cots and blankets for people displaced by the hurricanes. Read more or donate to help.
- Save the Children is supplying shelters with child-specific supplies like diapers, baby wipes and cribs. Read more or donate to help.
- VolunteerMatch has been aggregating volunteer opportunities in the affected regions to assist in the relief efforts. See volunteer needs by region.
- Direct Relief has committed $250,000 in special hurricane response funds to assist the medical "safety net" along the U.S. Gulf Coast in response to Hurricane Gustav. Read more or donate to help.