Thursday, October 2, 2008 | 3:20 PM
The most recent webinar in our 5-part series with NTEN focused on optimizing ad text and featured Beth, a Googler who volunteers her time with Grants recipients. Beth presented an overview of the components of and goals for your AdWords ads. We covered simple processes for creating and editing ads and discussed ad serving and performance. Most of the session dove into best practices and proven strategies for ads, which I'll highlight briefly:
- Include keywords in your ads, especially in the headline
- Use a "call to action" such as 'donate,' 'sign up,' or 'get involved.' It tells people what you want them to do!
- Include targeted, relevant information about your organization, program, or service
- Link to the most relevant section of your site, not necessarily to your homepage
- Create multiple ads for each Ad Group and test what works
We'll be taking a short break from the webinar series this week, with our next installment on Friday, October 10, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. In this session, we'll discuss managing multiple campaigns in your Grants account, why that may be a good option for your organization, and best practices for optimum performance. We'll also cover how to manage both a Grants account and a paid AdWords account, should your organization have the need to run both. Hope you can join us!
To register for or learn more about our 5-part webinar series, please visit NTEN.